The vast majority of modern exotic dancing styles have one goal. This is, to arouse spectators through various displays of the body. Popular exotic dancing is generally performed in phases. The first is presentation. A dancer walks onto a stage and captivates attention with a costume, or thematic gimmick. Second, the dancer will match the environment’s music and lighting motifs. Then, multiple degrees of movement and strip-tease commences. Some exotic dance routines can last a few minutes, or can occupy the majority of time in a professional stage show.
Society tends to minimize the dedication that exotic dancers have to their trade. What it takes to become a top tier entertainer is not easy. Incredible amounts of preparation are required to perform well whether male, or female. This includes:
- Time spent studying great dancers of the past, and learning movements from instructors.
- Constantly staying in wonderful physical condition through gym work and proper nutrition.
- Musical, choreographic, and interpersonal relations training.
- Independent contractor and personal business management training.
- Refining a style of customer service principles.
- Developing stress management and dispute resolution techniques.
For many successful exotic dancers, the lion’s share of the work happens in creating a persona that works well with their chosen environment. It is not only a profession, but a total lifestyle. The dancing itself can often be the most freeing part of the job. Like other exciting careers, exotic dancing means learning to balance preparation and perspiration in an expert way.